As a stand-alone mechanical dust collector, cyclones are not capable of satisfying the current emission control regulations. However, it finds application in following industrial purposes:
- Classifiers to separate coarse and fine particulates.
- As pre-filter to reduce the dust load to main dust collector.
- Collection of grainy and lumpy materials in a lean phase pneumatic transport.
- As a spark arrestor before a main dust collector.
- DCCH series with pressure drop of 120 – 200 mmwc, having collection efficiency up to 90% for dust particulate size of 10 µm.
- DCCA series with pressure drop of 75 –100 mmwc, having collection efficiency up to 80% for dust particulate size of 20 µm.